Saturday, February 17, 2018

Bucket List Wishlist: Luxury Everyday Classics

Kaixo everyone,

I hope y'all are doing great. I am currently super stressed out with my qualifying papers, but it is grad school and I signed up for it. #yagirlsgotknowledgecauseshegotintocollege

As most of you know, I am an avid shopper. I live for day-long shopping trips and online sales (only when they have free shipping). However, something has gotten into me recently. A couple of weeks ago, I was overwhelmed with how cluttered my closet was. So many t-shirts, dresses, pants, etc. that I did not wear. I put them all in a bag, and I decided to go sell them. As some are pretty old, I did not sell them all, but it made me start to think about the changes I am making (and hope to make) to my style.

During Christmas break, I chopped my hair off. Easily 8 inches. I haven't had my hair this short since I was 7 years-old. Let me tell you, I LOVE IT. I feel more mature, self-assured, serious and classy. I feel older. With that, a lot of the things I have in my closet right now remind me of a younger, less confident version of myself. At times, I started buying things because they were in, but I did not feel 100% comfortable in them. That super fitted short Forever 21 floral dress? LOL never been worn. 

Recently, I came to terms with the fact that classy silhouettes, easy white tops and regular jeans are what works best for me. However, there is always a little crazy, young, free spirit in myself, and that is reflected on the fact that having that right make it or break it piece is a must. That piece that compliments the rest of my outfit, but makes me (and the people around me) say whoa.

I have tried to look for that kind of piece for years, but I eventually always buy something impulsively and get tired of what I thought was "the best purchase ever." A couple of Teen Vogue issues ago, there was an edit called something like "The Classics", and talked about those pieces that have been around forever and NEVER go out of style. Some of them are just not gonna happen with me (like those Adidas tracksuits, sorry not sorry), but it clicked that some of them could be that extra *POP* that I've been looking for. 

There are some iconic pieces by some designers that I've been wanting for SO LONG (I don't mean months, I mean years), I know they would get used over and over. Also, they are hella expensive and if you are not gonna wear it until its demise, why buy it? The list I've compiled below are some of the things I would like to own one day, but that I am also sure that I will be able to wear in my everyday (and night) life. So uncomfortable, unwearable stuff will not be included. Example: The Pigalle Louboutin pumps are really cute, but everybody swears they are the most uncomfortable shoes on earth. Not worth the investment. 

Adding to all of this, I have started a month-long shopping fast. I started on Valentine's Day, and I plan not to buy anything online or in store (food not included, my belly needs Chipotle) until March 14th. Not buying random stuff I don't need will make a splurge on one of the items below more rewarding. With that, I will also include the prices below, so that I get ready to save up (and cry in despair!). Here are the pieces that are in my wishlist:

Clockwise from left to right:
Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM Handbag: (1260$) This is the kind of bag I want for when I get my first big girl job, or graduation itself. I can imagine myself going to teach, to have coffee with friends, to meetings, to go shopping with this bad boy. I would definitely choose the Monogram material with the beige lining. I am not a big fan of large logos, but the LV one is an exception. A huge plus is the pochette inside it. Don't want to go out with the full bag? Take the pochette out and be the baddest bitch you've ever wanted to be.
Burberry Check Wool Cashmere Scarf: (435$) I am proud to say that my scarf collection is one of my best style assets, and that I use all of them all the time. Considering this, I am ready to take the plunge in the most iconic scarf of all time. Did you know that this scarf is so popular because in 1967, the store manager of the Paris store styled the trench coats at the display show the interior lining, and everyone went nuts about it? Now you know!
Gucci Double G Buckle Belt: (550$) Gucci is the most disco designer brand for me, and this belt would make my bougie self the most bougie gal in town. I would not wear this to formal meetings, but it would be the ideal piece for when I go out with friends. I know that the gold metal one is more iconic, but I am faithful to silver (and gold makes me look cheap, let's be honest).
Cartier Love Bracelet: (6300$) The most expensive item on this list, and kinda luckily, the last I would buy anyway. If I had all the disposable income in the world, I would get this. But I do not plan to save for it like for the other items in this list. Pretty, understated, and forever.
Barbour Beadnell Waxed Jacket: (399$) This is the preppy staple par excellence, the kind of coat you'd wear to reach that KJP Instagram aesthetic. As the Basque Prep, I approve. You can get inside lining too for the colder months (#winning).
Chanel 2.55 Handbag: (5300$) The item that's been in my wishlist for longer. Probably since I was 15. The quilting, the color, the silver... It's the perfect bag for me. I will probably not be able to afford it in years, but I plan to save up for it. When I have the money, I will go to 31, Rue Cambon (which I visited this Christmas, it was dreamy. Shout out to Danielle, vous ĂȘtes la meilleure!) in Paris and cry happy tears when I leave the store with it.
Manolo Blahnik Hangisi Pumps: (995$) Carrie Bradshaw. Enough said.
POLO Ralph Lauren American Flag Sweater: (145$) The cheapest item of the list, and probably the one I'll buy first. Although this is not a top tier designer label (Ralph Lauren Collection would be that), it is still an American powerhouse that we all love. I am not very happy with the current political climate in this country (disclaimer, it's my blog, and if I want to talk politics, I will, so before you cut me off, know that I won't budge on this), but I have lived in this country for very long, and this sweater is a very classy way of showing the US some love without being tacky.
Chanel Ballet Flats: (750$) I am still not sure if I'd go for the two tone or the black flats, but as a sucker for ballet flats, these are the ones. The epitome. The elongated shape is that of what ballet flats should look like, and they can make any outfit 200% classier. If I don't get the Louis Vuitton bag, these will be my graduation present to myself.

So all this designer glam comes with the hefty price tag of 16,134$. My salary. Excuse me, I have something in my eye. The good thing is, apart from the Cartier bracelet and the Chanel handbag, it's 4534$. Little by little, I could start my luxury collection.

So now it's your turn! Which are your wishlist items? Would you like to start a collection of designer items? Let me know!
Love,

- Ane

No comments:

Post a Comment