Sunday, May 28, 2017

Nordstrom's Half Yearly Sale Picks

Kaixo everyone!

If I had to choose my favorite retail store that sells multiple brands, I'd say Nordstrom faster than a suburban mom saying "well, my Jenna got accepted to Princeton AND Yale" when her frenemy starts talking about Jeremy getting 5 acceptance letters (all to Ivies).

Apart from the awesome physical locations (shout out to you, Michigan Avenue), wonderful sales assistants, a customer service that I legit rave about for free and being the mother of my beloved Nordstrom Rack and its discounted Tory Burch, it is a shop that makes me dream about my future as a career girl, my love of fashion since I can remember, and being able to find that one piece (or pieces, the possibilities are endless) that makes me feel like my most confident self.

I am currently not in the US to shop this sale (Tear emoji, or a river one because this is TRAGIC), but that does not mean I did not browse (OCEAN EMOJI, I SHOULD HAVE NOT). I was swooning over these pieces:

Clockwise from left:
Athena Alexander Ballet Flats: This screams CAREER GIRL. When your own version of hellish Miranda Priestley boss asks you to go for a "Venti Caramel Latte with soy milk and with two shots of expresso with sugar free caramel and three Splendas" run, these shoes can make it happen before she fires you for not being back in 5 minutes. Comes in three different colors too!
- Cluse Watch: I have been eyeing Cluse watches for a while now, and I am delighted to see that Nordstrom is selling them. This combination of camel brown and rose gold is simple, yet put-together. Plus, idk about you, but I feel naked without my watch, and my Fossil watch is like 6-years-old (holy mother of God, I didn't even think about that).
Soprano Ruffled Blouse: Ruffles are super in-season, whether you like it or not. In my case, I really do! I used to have this ruffled pink tee from Zara that I donated (goddamnit), and this blouse seems like its grown up version. The sleek fabric and color are easy to wear both for work and out.
Kate Spade New York Market Bag: I will honestly say I struggle to incorporate straw bags into my outfits. I come from a pretty rainy place, and I fear that the sudden thunderstorm can destroy them. However, I cannot get over these pom poms. They are hilarious and they are probably great to poke when stressed.
Kate Spade New York iPhone 7 Case: Another thing that I don't usually buy are bulky phone cases. I'd rather they have a pretty drawing rather than taking all the space in my handbag. But I can't get over this phone case. I think it's really creative, cute, and would definitely spark some conversation. "OMG, love your case, where did you get that?" "A circus." No ragrets.
7 For All Mankind Skinny Jeans: Seven jeans are the kind of jeans I heard about in songs and would  read about in the Gossip Girl series (hell yeah, I read the books even before the show started), and this particular pair would probably make me look like BeyoncĂ©. Or two stuffed sausages, but let's hope for the best.
Dior Sunglasses: *SWOON* They are definitely out of my budget (regardless of the sale), but I'd love to have these shades.

What are your picks for the sale? Do you usually stock up in a particular item? Sound off!
Love,

- Ane

No comments:

Post a Comment