Monday, October 5, 2015

Mascara Roundup

Kaixo!

OK people, real talk here. If you had to choose three make-up items to take to a desert island (being VERY generous), what would you choose? Not that many people would see your already beautiful face, but have you ever wondered? Maybe baboons are judgmental, you never know. Ok let's be more practical, you have the smallest clutch ever for going out, and your make up will (and you know it will) fade. What do you bring for touch ups? Remember when I talked about how I organize my backpack? That Chanel foundation and the Revlon lip stain are definitely top of the list. And the other item? MASCARA. Y'all, mascara is bae. I have teeny tiny eyelashes, and they need some love (aka they need to look long and luscious in order for me to channel my inner femme fatale, we all have one).

I have tried different mascaras over the years, some have been good, some have been bad, some have been amazing, and some should never hit Sephora's shelves ever again. In any case, I wanted to review the three (well 4) main mascaras of my life, and hopefully, I will hear about YOUR favorite ones. Seriously, while I know what kind of foundation, lipstick, eyeliner, etc. I like, I'm always asking about recommendations for mascaras. So here are my picks:


1) Benefit They're Real! Mascara:
I don't think I've met anyone who hasn't tried this mascara. I really love the result after applying it, lashes look fuller and longer, for sure. However, maybe this is only my case, but the mascara dries out in the bottle too fast. By the time 2 months have gone by, it's painful to apply it because the liquid is pretty solidified. And it's a pity, because I love how it looks when I put it on.

Do I recommend it? Yes, but maybe the travel size would be better for it not to dry out so quickly.



2) Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara:
This was my first "high-end" mascara buy. It was all the rage when I just started college, and since all Sephora stores had it highlighted everywhere, I decided to give it a try. At first I was smitten. My lashes looked so black, long and mature. But with time, I realized that what this mascara did to my eyelashes wasn't to elongate them, but rather to clump them all together and made me look like I was a groupie of a punk rock group. I mean, the name is BADgal. I personally didn't want to look like that, so I stopped buying it.

Do I recommend it? Not really, unless you're actually going for a bad girl look. If you are, go for it!



3) Diorshow Blackout Mascara:
A friend of mine recommended it to me, and I was definitely not disappointed. If you're looking for really black lashes, this one really works. Total "blackout", seriously. While it's true that it runs a little too easy, I like to add a coat of this to make my eyes look even more dramatic. Plus, it does not dry out!

Do I recommend it? YES!



4) Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant:
So, remember when I got the perfect ready to work lipstick with my Sephora's birthday pack? Well it also came with a travel size mascara from Make Up For Ever. I know you're supposed to use those when traveling, but truth to be honest, when looking for what mascara to wear, I always ended that reaching for this one. After my older mascaras were drying out, I took the plunge and I could not be happier. This is the perfect combination of long full mascaras with no clumping and no drying out. Seriously, I feel like a princess every time I wear it. I could write a haiku for it and everything, that's how passionate I am about it.

Do I recommend it? What are you doing that you're not going to Sephora to get it? YESSSSS

Even though I fell in love with this last one, I still haven't settled for good with mascara, and like I said before, I want recommendations. Seriously, anything you may want to recommend, please do it! Plus, who doesn't love trying make-up on in a drugstore? I know I do.

Love,

- Ane

2 comments:

  1. Mascara is my obsession! I can't leave the house without it on! Great list by the way.
    XO Alyson | mylifeasalyson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I feel naked without it! Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete