Sunday, July 26, 2015

Preppy Girl Tag

Kaixo everyone!

I hope everyone's doing well! I've recently been seeing this post all around, "The Preppy Tag" post, in which preppy style bloggers answer questions on their preppiness (I think that's the point, correct me if I'm wrong). I have not been tagged, and I was thinking of jumping to the bandwagon just because (#shameless). Emily from Miss Emily Prep invited bloggers to do it if we wanted to, so I felt like it was calling my name. So here are my answers:

1) What's your definition of preppy?

When I think of preppy, two things come to my mind: The original idea of the prep school student who comes from a wealthy family and the lifestyle that it entails (boats, old money, loyalty to specific brands and yadayadayada), and the more current version that is fortunately more accessible interpretation of that lifestyle (you can certainly dress preppy with Old Navy and that's a fact). I'll go with this last idea because I'm not a trust fund baby (too bad, I'd be awesome at it).

Preppy is clothes, attitudes and manners that are classic, that do not fade over time and can be worn (in the case of clothes) and upheld (in the case of attitudes and manners) throughout one's life. However, I'm young, so my version of preppy is a combination of on the one hand, classic striped tees, Oxford shirts, cardigans, ballet flats and pearl/stud earrings (for example) and on the other hand, crazy details, whimsically patterned scarves and cheeky pink lipstick. It's being nice, selfless and thankful of what you have and who you are, but also being able to have fun, to feel alive and to dance on tables without feeling insecure. That's preppy for me.

2) What's your all time favorite brand?

Zara. Yes, it is not a preppy brand per se, but I grew up with it in Spain (where it's still reasonably priced, thank God), my mom's been taking me there since I was a kid, I've bought my most cherished clothes there, and even if some things they currently sell are plain hideous (let's be honest), they always have timeless pieces that I can add to my ever-growing wardrobe.

J. Crew Factory has been my go-to for these last two years as well.

3) What's your favorite Lilly print?

I would say True Blue Loves Me. I own a scarf in this print and I absolutely adore it. If I could, I would like to have anything in the Dot Dot Hop, Lucky Charm and Wild Confetti prints. Flowers >>>>> everything.



4) Favorite preppy You-tuber?

I really enjoy A Lonestar State of Southern's videos, which you can find here!

5) Jack Rogers or Sperrys?

I don't own any of them, but I'd like to get a pair of Jacks eventually. Sperrys are very cute too, but everyone wears them at the University of Illinois (in spite of the lack of proper lakes and boats. Maybe they're ideal to venture through cornfields as well, you never know).

6) Jeans or Khakis?

Jeans FTW. I wear jeans almost everyday.

7) Duck boots, riding boots, or Hunters?

I would like to say Hunters, but unfortunately, my Hunter boots cracked after a year and a half of use and I cried was extremely disappointed. Aren't a pair of boots worth 150$ meant to last more? :(

I'll say riding boots then, because the one pair that I have makes me feel like a superstar whenever I wear them.

8) Navy or black?

(I'M OBSESSED, NAVY COME TO ME!) That's a tough one, but I'll say navy.

9) On a scale of 1-10 how much do you love J. Crew?

A 9 because of the price. I can't afford those prices every time I go shopping, let's be real here. In any case, it gets a 9 for those days in which it has amazing sales, for my favorite chinos and for J. Crew Factory's existence!

10) Favorite Ralph Lauren clothing item?

My blue and white oxford shirt. There used to be an outlet store right in the middle of Durango when I did my study abroad there (it was rather weird because it was the hippiest town in Colorado, but not gonna complain), but when I went again last summer it was closed, such a bummer. :(

11) Pearls or bows?

Pearls. You can never go wrong with pearls!

And that's about it! I hope you enjoyed my responses (at least I hope you are not weirded out), and I'd like to invite some of my favorite bloggers to answer to these questions, if they'd like: :)

- Carley from Preppy Lane
- Annaliese from Southern Belle in Training
- Michaela from The Monogrammed Midwesterner
- Megan from Bowtiful Life

Also, feel free to answer these questions if you wish. Honestly, feel as free as 'MERICA to do so.
Thank you all! Love,

- Ane

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me Ane!! I am going to have to answer these questions soon! I lovvvve Zara too, I always end up picking up classic pieces that fit perfectly into my wardrobe!

    Carley @ Preppy Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, can't wait to read your answers! :)
      Love,

      Ane

      Delete
  2. I just recently found A Lonestar State of Southern's YouTube channel, she is so adorable!!
    xo, Syd
    http://www.sincerelysyd9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Her haul videos are my favorite!
      Love,

      Ane

      Delete