Wednesday, June 10, 2015

OOTD: Nautical blue

Kaixo!

Welcome to my first OOTD post! These pictures were taken in the capital of my province, Donostia-San Sebastián. I 100% recommend visiting, it used to be the jewel of the crown in the XIXth century, when queen Maria Cristina vacationed here. It is also the 2016 European capital of culture! We have an international movie festival (I have waited for hours to see Ben Stiller, Brad Pitt, Meryl Streep, Tarantino, etc. SO WORTH IT) and amazing food. It is also a place of great style, which ranges from surfer/hipster styles to traditional preppy/comfy styles. That is what I tried to portray in my outfit:





Tunic: ZARA // Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters (old, similar here) // Sneakers: Converse // Watch: Fossil (old) // Sunglasses: Nordstrom (12$! Unavailable but similar here) // Earrings: Kate Spade New York (similar here) // Handbag: Kate Spade New York (similar here)


I'm in love with this tunic. It can be worn by itself for the beach or with jeans or leggings for a more city-like look. I combined it with simple jeans and my white (ahem) Converse and my new sunglasses from Nordstrom. A nice 1960s touch!

Although Donostia is beautiful, weather is very cloudy/rainy here, and unfortunately yesterday was not an exception. However, it was also a wonderful day because my friend J from Chicago is here visiting! She just finished her MA in Hispanic Literature (mine is linguistics) and she is soon moving to Denver for law school, but before that, she's revisiting Europe! I will miss her next year, but we can always watch Legally Blonde and think about the good times ;)

The two of us!
Also, I got new stationery for next year! I have noticed that I enjoy taking notes in small notebooks rather than paper in binders, so I got this beautiful one based on The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai:

#Matching
I cannot wait to start writing about phonology and other linguistics stuff in here! (#nerdalert) I hope you guys are not horrified with my first OOTD post. Have a great day!
Love,

- Ane

No comments:

Post a Comment