Friday, June 12, 2015

OOTD: Komfy kimono

Kaixo!

Disclaimer: I swear I know how to write comfy properly and there's not a Kris Jenner growing inside of me. But as a linguist, puns are funnnnnnn. On Thursday, the weather here was disgusting. Pouring rain, humid. Stay-at-home and watch a movie day. However, the sky cleared a little in the evening, so I took my friend J to Jaizkibel, a small mountain in Hondarribia, a town close to mine, so that she could see the whole valley. It was the best decision of the day, since the rain waited for us to be done (thank you Jesus, you are my homie) and the sunset was amazing. J is a city girl, and she just couldn't believe who green and lush the road to the top of the mountain was.

As for the outfit, I just threw on some jeans and a cotton crop top and spiced it up with this kimono I bought last year in H&M that I actually saw in a blog (shout out to Emily from Life with Emily!)! It is a very versatile piece and it can be dressed down with jeans and a tee (like in this post! Also, this tee is probably the softest I've ever bought, really, get one for yourself!), or dressed up for a night out with a dress and heels! It creates awesome nights looks as well, but not very mountain appropriate ;)






So profesional

Kimono: H&M (old) // Tee: American Eagle Outfitters // Jeans: Uniqlo // Necklace: J. Crew Factory, similar here // Watch: Apricot Lane boutique in Champaign, IL // Earrings: Kate Spade New York, similar here // Sneakers: Converse // Handbag: Lefties (old, similar here)

As you can see the sunset gave a very nice soft light, and it felt very peaceful to be there. The wind was blowing and we felt on top of the world (I mean, we were on the mountaintop anyway). J loved it, and I felt very lucky to be born in such a place. I used to be sick of it, but now that I live across the ocean, in a very VERY flat place, the Basque Country feels like heaven. 60.000 people live in my city, but we are so close to both the beach and the mountains it's just unbelievable.

Finally, before wrapping up this post, I wanted to share two pics I took of how beautiful the night was, both at the same spot and by the fishing port of Hondarribia. I hope you enjoyed this post! :)

Jaizkibel
Fishing port
Love,

- Ane

No comments:

Post a Comment